How to Create Spouse KITAS Indonesia - Stay Indonesia - Visa Consultant Indonesia

Married To an Indonesian Citizen?

Are you married to an Indonesian citizen and want to living in the country or do you want your foreigner spouse to stay in Indonesia? Discover how you can easily obtain a Spouse KITAS and realize your dream of living in Indonesia with your spouse in ease.

This time we will discuss couples out there where one partner is a foreigner and the other is an Indonesian. With our help, you can make sure that every document needed is taken care of, and that your partner’s KITAS application will be accepted.

Steps To Get Your Spouse KITAS

1. Apply for a limited stay permit (VITAS) approval

You need to apply for a limited stay visa (VITAS) first, before you come to Indonesia. The Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta issues a VITAS approval and sends it by telex to Indonesian embassies abroad.

Documents required for a VITAS approval :

  • Evidence in the form of a marriage book or official marriage certificate
  • Copy of Family Card and ID Card of the Indonesian spouse (wife or husband who is an Indonesian)
  • Latest bank statement copy of the Indonesian spouse
  • Sponsor letter

2. Converting Your Vitas to Kitas

Once you have a Vitas, you need to convert the Vitas into KITAS. Because Spouse KITAS have a validity period of one year and can be extended. Marriage KITASowners are also not limited to entry visits to Indonesia.

Documents required for a KITAS application (when converting VITAS)

  • Application form 
  • Physical presence at immigration for biometric data processing

Stay Indonesia can help your process to get an Indonesian spouse quickly and reliably, so you and your partner don’t have to go through the hassle.

3. Civil registration and police reporting

Every foreigner who has a KITAS sponsored by an Indonesian spouse has to register themselves under the civil administration department. The registration must be done in 14 days after the issuance of KITAS.

After civil registration you will obtain:

  • SKTT (residence certificate)
  • Police Report Certificate (STM)

However, it should be noted that this Marriage KITAS only allows you to stay in Indonesia, not to work as a permanent employee in a company. The only type of work allowed is as a freelancer. You are allowed to stay in Indonesia for a maximum of 1 year and can be extended or can be converted into KITAP.

Start your journey to marital bliss! Get help from the experts at Stay Indonesia and get the assistance you need for a successful application quickly and hassle-free. For requirements, and info on how to make a Spouse KITAS, you can  consultation or contact us via Whatsapp.


Latest News